Ever since I decided to go vegan, I haven’t really missed any of the old foods I used to eat. Why? Because I know and understand the benefits of the foods I eat currently, so there’s nothing really to miss 🙂 However I do know that some people may miss having scrambled eggs in the morning. Or you may not even be a vegan but you just don’t eat eggs. Well this tofu egg scramble omelet is the perfect thing for you. AND it has enough protein for those who still think that they need eggs in order to get protein.
It’s healthy, fun, and so simple! And it tastes awesome. You thought your eggs gave you protein? No no, try this. Tofu is packed with protein and does not have all the negative effects that eggs do. My dad was the taste tester for this and he approved with a big thumbs up and a mouth full of naan bread and tofu.
- 3/4 cup of regular tofu
- naan bread
- red, green and yellow peppers
- sweet potato
- cherry tomatoes
- salt n pepper
- Begin with turning your stove top on to medium.
- Measure out your tofu or add as much as you desire, then cut it up in little pieces, cutting sideways over and over again to get a scramble texture.
- Once your pan is hot, grease it with coconut oil and add on your tofu.
- On the side, cut up veggies such as peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, sweet potato, etc.
- Cook your tofu until it is light brown, then add on your vegetables.
- Continue to cook them all together until they are to your liking.
- Add on a dash of salt and pepper, a squeeze of lemon, and serve on a warm piece of naan bread with hummus spread on it.