Looking for a tasty treat to make mom for Mother’s Day? These ice-cream sundaes may be just the perfect thing.
I can’t even begin to put into words how good these little sundaes were. Like, I am speechless right now. Not only were they beautiful and loaded with tons of goodies, but they were HEALTHY!! *gasps*
Sundaes? Healthy? and vegan? How is this even possible? Well, I’ll tell you if you stay right here and listen up. Your days of counting calories and worrying about eating junk food is over! With these chocolate fudge and strawberry sundaes, you will never have to binge on unhealthy treats ever again!
- 4 bananas
- cacao powder
- almond milk
- all natural peanut butter
- vegan chocolate chips
- chia seeds
- hemp hearts
- In a blender or food processor, add 2 frozen bananas. *remember to cut up and freeze your ripe bananas 4-5 hours prior to blending them. You get a better taste, temperature and texture.*
- Add in a few raspberries, more or less depending on how pink and fruity you want it.
- Add in a bit of almond milk. I didn't really measure, just poured a bit, blended it, poured a little bit more.
- Once everything is blended and you have a smoothie/nana ice cream texture, put it into a tupperware container and stick it in the freezer. You will do this with both flavours for at least 4-5 hours to make ICE CREAM!
- In a blender, add 2 bananas, 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter, and 1-2 tsp. of cacao powder.
- Add a bit of almond milk, and blend everything together so you have a thick creamy smoothie texture.
- Pour it into a container and freeze it with the other one.
- Get a bowl or waffle bowl (side note* I just randomly found these waffle bowls in my house and thought they'd look cute for display. I didn't eat mine. After the mini photo shoot I had with these babies, I dumped mine into a bowl and ate it from there!)
- Remove your frozen ice cream from the freezer. It may not be frozen all the way. If not, freeze it for longer. Or if you're impatient like me, you can remove them anyways (what I did) and just work with what you got!
- With an ice cream scooper, scoop your flavours into a bowl.
- On the side, prepare your vegan chocolate sauce, which is just 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate chips and 2 tsp. of coconut oil melted.
- Here is the fun part - add literally anything and everything you want (that is healthy at least)
- I added strawberries, almonds, cashews, homemade vegan brownie chunks, chia seeds, hemp hearts, sunflower seeds, vegan chocolate chips, and then topped it with my vegan chocolate sauce.
- Like I said, go crazy, just make sure everything is whole and healthy :)
- Eat right away!