Happy Valentines Day everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely day eating sweets and spending time with your loved ones! As promised, I have ANOTHER valentine pancake post! This time i used my own recipe, which is all healthy, AND they are way more festive!
Okay, just looking at these photos gets me a little more excited than I should be. These pancakes were not only so fun to make, but they tasted AMAZING and they are 100% clean! I got up at 9:30am to make these for my mother and I, and boy did it take me a while. But that is because I’m a perfectionist, AND I made the smoothies which took some time as well. I’m sure if you try making them they won’t take as long because you won’t have to perfect every single detail right down to the toppings (unless you are like me) but in that case, they hopefully won’t take too long! (The whole process took me a little over an hour)
1. In a large mixing bowl, pour 2 cups of dry oats, and 1 and 1/2 cups of oat flour.
2. Add in 1 cup of almond milk and mix together.
3. Add 2 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 2 tsp. of honey/agave
4. Add 3 tsp. of your preference of yogurt, and 2 tsp. of pure maple syrup.
5. If your mix is still dry, keep adding almond milk until it’s moist and easy to stir
6. To get the pink colour, blend 5-6 strawberries or raspberries in the blender with a tiny bit of water and pour it into your mix. (Add as much as you need to make it pink)
7. Grease your pan with coconut oil and cook until they firm.
Once those are finished, put them in the oven on low to stay warm while you make the others. For the chocolate layer, simply repeat the process except use chocolate almond milk and cacao powder rather than vanilla almond milk and strawberries.
1. Put 1 tbsp. of all natural peanut butter in the microwave for 15 seconds. Add in cacao powder, stir it together, and pour it on top.
2. Heat up a chocolate brownie quest bar in the microwave for 20 seconds. Crumble it up and sprinkle it on
3. Add 1 tsp. of yogurt
4. Add cut up strawberries
1. Remember, whenever you make vegan nana icecream or smoothies, always freeze your fruit the night before, or a minimum of 4-5 hours before.
2. For the strawberry layer, add frozen banana and strawberries, even raspberries too if you’d like, and vanilla almond milk into your blender. Mix until thick and creamy.
3. For the chocolate layer, simply add frozen banana into your blender along with peanut butter and cacao powder.
And there you have it! Healthy vegan smoothies to go along with your delicious strawberry chocolate oat pancakes.
I hope you guys try this recipe and enjoy them as much as I did. Have a LOVELY Valentines Day, and don’t forget to treat yourself!