Wanting something to brighten up your day? Well do I ever have something for you. This Tropical Sunshine Smoothie has been brightening up my mornings for a week straight now. Seriously.. It’s been my breakfast Monday-Saturday, and I just can’t get enough of it. It’s so light and refreshing to have after a morning workout, but also filled with so many nutrients to give you long lasting energy throughout the day, and enough flavour to give you ultimate taste bud satisfaction. But here’s the thing; you probably need to like bananas and mango, because… that’s all it really is.
If you don’t like mango, I think you need to give it another chance. Before last year, I never even ate mangos. I thought they were kind of gross or weird… I have no idea. Now that I think of it, I didn’t like a lot of things – avocados, peaches, mangos, mushrooms, red peppers, tomatoes, etc. But now I love all of those things. So I think, perhaps, you need to give mango another chance.
And if you love mangos like me, then this smoothie is perfect for you!!
- 4 super ripe bananas (frozen ahead of time)
- 2 ripe mangos (fresh, or frozen)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 fresh orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- optional: maca and baobab powder for extra energy
- You're going to want to freeze your ripe spotty nanas ahead of time, probably the night before.
- Either use two fresh mangos, or 2 cups of frozen mango cubes.
- Add in your liquids. I do orange juice, then almond milk, then water. You can always add more or less depending on how thick or liquidy you prefer it.
- I also add in maco and baobab super powders, but if you don't have these, don't even sweat it.
- Once your liquids are in, blend this baby up super well until everything is mixed together.
- Pour and serve asap and enjoy this sunshine.