If you like french fries but don’t want to eat unhealthy foods, than this recipe is perfect for you! I never understood how people could take a healthy VEGETABLE (the potato) and miraculously turn it unhealthy in a matter of minutes. But I guess people can do that with any food really. So this way, you are able to still enjoy this tasty meal, and feel no guilt afterwards!
This meal isn’t so much a recipe as it is a method, because all you really need are potatoes. You can either choose to add the ingredients (spices) that I listed or some of your own, if even add nothing and they still taste phenomenal. I’ve just cooked the fries with absolotely nothing on them, dipped them in some tomato sauce, and my friends have said they taste better than store bought fries. So what are you waiting for; try them out!
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tsp. lemon herbs
- 1 tsp. greek spices
- a squeeze of lemon
- whatever other spices you want to add on!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. I also like doing them on the BBQ so that works as well! (just flip them every 2 minutes if you choose to do this method)
- Wash and cut up two large white potatoes into thin 'french-fry like' style pieces. (You don't need to peel them)
- Once they are all cut up, place them in a deep bowl with a little bit of water and microwave for 3.5 minutes.
- When that is done, place them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. This will allow them to bake properly without oil on them. (I used to always use oil so they wouldn't stick to the pan, but with parchment paper, you don't need it!)
- Sprinkle on some spices and a squeeze of lemon, (or choose to add nothing to them) and cook them in the oven for 15 minutes. Once that is done, flip them and cook for another 15 minutes (or until crispy)
- Take them out, and enjoy with some tomato sauce, hummus or guacamole! They also go well with salads and veggie burgers.