If you like smoothies, and you like fruit, this is the perfect snack for you. I’d just like to start off by saying how in love I am with smoothie bowls. They are literally just like ice cream, except 10x better and 100% healthy. I don’t know where you can go wrong with that? I would chose a fruity smoothie bowl over dairy/sugar filled ice cream any day. And the best part is; they are so simple! They only take about 5-10 minutes to take, and then you can indulge in that thick, creamy, fruity goodness.
What you’ll need: frozen fruit, plant based milk, a blender, muesli, fresh fruit.
1. To make this, start off by cutting up fruit such as bananas, strawberries, and blueberries.
2. Stick them in the freezer for a minimum of 4-5 hours prior to making your smoothie bowl.
3. Once they’re frozen and ready to go, put SOME of the fruit in a blender, preferably a magic bullet or one similar.
4. Start blending. It will be slow and not blend very well at first. Just keep stopping it to shake it or scrape the sides, and keep repeating that process until it blends.
5. If you want, you can add in a little bit of almond milk or milk of your choice for a bit of a liquidy consistency.
6. Once the first half is blended, add the rest of your frozen fruit in. Since half of it is already blended, the second half will blend more smoothly.
7. When you’re done, your smoothie should be a thick, creamy texture.
8. Pour it into a bowl, and scrape the extra smoothie off the sides using a spoon.
9. Add whatever toppings you like such as granola, muesli, or fresh fruit