Today I was craving something sweet and I had just gotten two new jars of peanut butter and almond butter, so I thought, what better way to satisfy my craving than a fresh peanut butter smoothie?
Now this isn’t just any regular peanut butter smoothie. It’s the ultimate smoothie explosion of nuts butters, bananas, and cinnamon. After I poured the smoothie into a glass, I found myself sticking my finger in the blender, licking it clean – it’s that good.
I know, I know, I make smoothies way too much. But they’re just so good I can’t stop making them. They also make an excellent breakfast or lunch. They are so simply too, you just blend it up, and drink it! I like making smoothies because they’re the perfect vegan drink.
All you’ll need for this delightful concoction are frozen bananas, a McIntosh apple, vanilla almond milk, peanut butter, almond butter, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 McIntosh apple (or apple of your choice)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 tsp. almond butter
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- Once you’re ready, add your 3 bananas into your blender.
- Peel and cut up 1 McIntosh apple, or an apple of your choice (make sure it’s sweet, not sour) and add it in
- Pour ½ cups of vanilla almond milk in
- Add in 3 tsp. of peanut butter (unless you like it extra peanut buttery, add in 4 or more)
- Add 1 tsp. of almond butter
- Pour in 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- Sprinkle in a dash of cinnamon
- Now, I am not lying to you when I say this is a mouth-watering smoothie. I finished drinking it 3 hours ago and writing this I am still craving the taste of it. It’s so full of rich creamy peanut butter flavour, with that secondary vanilla flavour still on my taste buds.
- Make sure to enjoy this smoothie, and lick the glass clean!