What is easier than going to the store and buying peanut butter? MAKING YOUR OWN! Okay, so it may not be the quickest/ most efficient option if you’re in a hurry, but it definitely is easy.. and cheaper.
I’ve always wanted to try making my own peanut butter, and a few months ago I purchased an awesome food processor but just never got around to using it. Finally the other day, my mom bought a big bag of peanuts, so I knew what I had to do.
It truly is really simple, and only takes 5-10 minutes depending on the type of food processor you have. Your peanuts will go through 5 stages before it reaches the peanut butter texture. Below I will show the pictures of the steps so you know what to look for while making it.
- 2 cups (16oz) Dry roasted peanuts (unsalted)
- Place your peanuts into a food processor and blend on high. Scrape the sides down every few minutes if needed and watch as it goes through the 5 stages.
- Keep blending until you reach the texture you like. (Crunchy, thick, thin/smooth)
- Move your peanut butter into a jar or container with a lid.
- Store in the fridge for best results.
- Good luck making this, and once you do, you'll see just how easy it really is!