It pains me to write this, but…. summer is over. Well, not officially, but for me, as soon as September comes: bye bye summer. I’m just really sad because summer is my time. I’m just a summer baby and I love the sun and the warmth. Things I dread? Waking up when it’s still dark. Wearing PANTS. Getting out of the shower and be freezing cold. Walking to class in the SNOW. Having to turn my heating blanket up because it’s so cold. Just wearing clothes in general..
You see, I don’t mind going back to University and starting classes (okay, maybe I’m a little upset), but if it were summer all year round, it would be easier to deal with. But instead I live in Ontario, Canada where the snow will reach my ankles and you can see your breath when you step outside. It’s really quite upsetting and I think I’m going to cry now. BUT FIRST, let’s look back at some summer moments:
A Farewell to Summer
1. That time I got the keys to my new house in Peterborough and discovered this vegan cafe right beside my house!
5. Making these Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pancakes
7. Meeting Ellen Fisher and her son Elvis (both raw vegans) when I visited Maui, Hawaii.
AND meeting my first vegan friend when I was in Hawaii. Meet Nicole from Seattle.
13. Trying this Chickpea burger at the Live Organic Food Bar.
15. Eating these raw vegan tacos (omg best tacos I’ve ever had) from the Food Forest Cafe.
17. And finally, releasing my cook book, Desserts from the Earth
Well, I’m sure going to miss you summer.
What are some of your favourite summer moments?