I have a new obsession – and it’s this granola.
Granola is basically just oatmeal – just with more oomph. You can eat your granola as cereal, or sprinkle it on your nana ice-cream, or even sprinkle it on your oatmeal!
Last year I wrote a granola and banana mylk recipe here on my blog. And since then, I have improved my granola-making skills by 90%. So, this is my new and improved, revamped and better than ever, HOMEMADE GRANOLA RECIPE!!
The secret trick to getting those clusters? Maple Syrup. (yes, go Canada)
(Watch the video recipe here)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 (or more) or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 10 dates
- 1/4 cup nuts and seeds (trailmix)
- vegan chocolate chips (add in after it is cooked)
- coconut shreds (add in after it is cooked)
- hemp hearts
- chia seeds
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large mixing bowl, measure out 2 cups of rolled oats.
- Add in 1/4 cup coconut sugar, 2 tsp. of cinnamon, along with all the ingredients that you desire, such as nuts, seeds, dates, etc.
- Mix these all together, then add in 1/2 cup of maple syrup.
- Mix this together well, and if the batch looks like it's sticking together and is thick enough, then that should be enough. The more maple syrup you add, the more clusters you will have, and the crunchier the granola will be.
- Line a pan with parchment paper, and pour your granola on.
- Place it in the oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes before adding in your vegan chocolate chips and coconut shreds.
- The vegan chocolate chips make it amazing, so if you like chocolate, these are a must.
- Store in a container in a cool, dry place.
- Warning: You may eat the entire batch in one sitting.