I know how this sounds – ridiculously rich in chocolate and very unhealthy. Well, what if I told you that this was 100% healthy and 100% vegan!
Usually for lunch I make a simple bowl of chocolate banana ice cream, but today I was feeling different. Today I was feeling risky, and wanted to experiment with something new. So I whipped up the first ingredients that came to my head, hoping it would result in something sweet and tasty. And well, it did.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 6 pitted dates
- 1 and ½ tsp. natural peanut
- 2 tsp. cacao powder
- ½ cup chocolate or regular almond
- Prior to making your smoothie, freeze 3 cut up bananas a minimum of 4-5 hours.
- When you’re ready to make your smoothie, put them in the blender.
- Add 1 and ½ tsp. of all natural peanut butter
- Add 6 pitted dates
- Add 2 tsp. of raw cacao powder
- Pour in ½ cups of chocolate almond milk
- Blend until smooth.
- For this smoothie, I’d advise using a strong blender or food processor, just because the dates are hard to blend and are tough on a small blender or magic bullet.