One of the best parts about summer is sitting in the backyard by the pool sipping on cool refreshing drinks. These drinks could range from lemonade, fruit infused water, alcoholic beverages, or smoothies. Now this smoothie right here; this is ‘summer back-yard sippin’ worthy. And it’s not that kind of chocolate shake that you drink and feel sick afterwards. No, it’s light and refreshing and leaves you feeling full and energized.
I made this smoothie a while back by just kinda throwing some random ingredients into my blender. The result was a beautiful thin(not thick) chocolate shake. It’s healthy, vegan, and tastes delectable.
Since that serendipity I’ve made this smoothie a few more times before even thinking of the idea to photograph it and put it on my blog. So today while I was blending everything together, the idea finally popped into my head. I grabbed my camera and had a mini photo shoot and made sure it was blog worthy. So here we are.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 6 pitted dates
- 3 strawberries
- 1 tsp. cacao powder
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup almond milk.
- As usual, cut up and freeze your bananas 4-5 hours in advanced. Once they are frozen and ready, drop em into your blender. (Make sure you have a strong blender to blend the frozen bananas and dates)
- Next add in 5 or 6 dates.
- Cut up and add 3 strawberries along with 1 tsp. of all natural peanut butter and 1 tsp. of cacao powder.
- Add in 1 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of almond milk.
- Blend everything together well. You can add more or less liquids depending on the texture you prefer. If you like thick shakes, add less liquids. I prefer mine thin so I add more water to it.