How often do you get to eat chocolate ice cream for breakfast? Probably never. Well, the perks of being a vegan is this bad boy. It’s chocolate ice cream with a twist – there’s no dairy. And it’s such a basic recipe that you can make it in five minutes. Because who doesn’t love a good clean bowl of ice-cream?
This right here is my favourite snack that I have almost everyday. It’s SO simple to make, and so satisfying as well. And the best part is, it’s 100% clean, so yes, i can have it for breakfast… or lunch… or depending on how much I make … dinner!
- 3-4 Frozen bananas
- 2 tsp. carob/cacao powder
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- Prior to making your icecream, you're going to want to cut up and freeze bananas. Make sure they are ripe and spotty (that's when the have the best digestion and most antioxidants) I usually do this at night time and freeze a lot at a time so that I have some ready when I need them.
- In the morning, or whenever you're about to make your Sundae, remove the bananas from the freezer and add them to a high speed food processor. (Don't try using a small or weak blender as it could result in a broken blade or motor)
- Pulse bananas into little chunks, then add 2 tbsp. of almond milk. (You can add more if you want it more as a soft serve)
- Add in 2 tsp. carob or cacao powder, and (optional) 1 tsp. of peanut butter.
- Scoop into a bowl or cup and serve right away
- If you have a strong food processor, you can just add your frozen fruit and pulse until you reach a creamy ice-cream consistency. I wouldn’t advise trying to make these if you don’t have a food processor.
- Also, you may add a little bit more almond milk to help with the consistency if they are really frozen.
- Usually I just scoop it straight from the food processor into my glass, but if I have other things to prepare, like fruit or sauce, I stick it in the freezer to keep it cool until I’m ready to decorate it.
- If you prefer a more frozen texture, add less liquids and serve right away. I sometimes like mine as more of a soft serve, so I add more liquids.