At last – the long awaited post about vegan chocolate sauce; and the delectable fruit I decided to dip it in – strawberries. One of the most common desserts that people love, and I don’t know why I didn’t think of this sooner. The idea kind of just sprang about when I was experimenting in the kitchen. So you can enjoy this dessert guilt free.
Ever since I began eating a vegan plant based diet, I realized that the regular desserts and foods that everyone loves are actually SO easy to create vegan versions of.
This chocolate sauce is sweet, gluten free and delicious. I do this thing where I serve my desserts to my family, especially my brother who loves chocolate, and if he approves, I can say my treat is “brother approved”. That’s a big deal. So when I tell you my mom, dad, and brother all loved these, you can be assured they are good.
- Vegan chocolate chips(I use Enjoy Life chocolate chips; dairy, nut and soy free) or a vegan chocolate bar
- Coconut oil
- Put a small saucepan on your stove and turn it to low.
- Add in 1/2 cup of vegan chocolate, and 2 tsp. of coconut oil
- Stir in the chocolate as it melts. You have to be careful to keep an eye on them and continuously stir them so that they don't burn.
- Pour your melted chocolate into a small deep container or cup so that it will be easy to dip your strawberries into.
- Wash your strawberries and dry them well.
- Get a small wooden or medal stick and stick it into your strawberry.
- Dip it in, let it drip for a moment, then place it on wax paper to let them dry.
- You can leave them at room temperature for an hour or so, and once they are dry, stick them in the fridge to cool and harden.
- Serves the whole family, and is guaranteed to be finger licking good.