I love browsing through the blogosphere and finding new blogs and inspiration. One of my favourite food bloggers is Karen over at Secret Squirrel Food. Her blog is so fun and upbeat and she is such a sweet and kind person. I recently came across her recipe for chocolate ice-cream and thought it was genius. I never used it until last week when I was making vanilla ice-cream for my Apple Crisp. I wanted a good chocolate ice-cream recipe and remembered hers from her blog. So, I gave it a try and….. it turned out FANTASTIC!
And the best part is; it’s dairy free and has minimal ingredients! Only took me about 5 minutes in my food processor.
- ½ cup dates
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp raw cacao powder
- cacao nibs/ vegan chocolate chips
- Place dates into a food processor and process until it becomes a smooth sticky date paste.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the food processor except for the cacao nibs and process until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in cacao nibs
- Pour into container and freeze overnight. This is also delicious semi-frozen in the freezer for a few hours.
- When ready, let it defrost for 5-10 minutes before scooping. Enjoy your “ice-cream”!