Chocolate Cheesecake; does this need any further explanation? If you’re a fan of regular cheesecake, than I can guarantee you will love this recipe. Oh, and did I mention it’s raw and vegan?
Raw Vegan Chocolate Cheesecake
Write a review
2 hr 4 min
2 hr 4 min
- Crust: 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup dates
- 3 tbsp. cacao powder
Chocolate Filling Ingredients
- 3 cups soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup carob/cocoa powder
- In a food processor, add in 1/2 cup walnuts, 1/2 cup almonds, and 1/2 cup (dry) cashews. Blend these together into a thin powder.
- Add in 1/2 cup of pitted dates and blend everything together well for 5 minutes. Then add in 3 tbsp. of cacao powder and blend until you have a thick, sticky paste texture. You now have your crust.
- Take a round baking pan and line it with wax paper. Transfer your crust into the pan and squish it down with a spoon or your fingers until it’s flat and fills the bottom of the pan. Now place it in the freezer while you work on the rest.
Chocolate Filling Directions
- For your middle cheesecake filling, you need to drain your 3 cups of soaked cashews and pour them into the food processor. Blend this together really well, then add 1/2 cup lemon juice (about 1 squeezed lemon, or use lemon juice from a bottle).
- Add in 1/2 cup of coconut oil, 2 tsp. of vanilla extract, and 3/4 cup of pure maple syrup. Blend all the ingredients together well into you have a creamy “cheesecake” mixture. Then add in 1/2 cup of carob or cocoa powder and blend one last time.
- Remove your pan from the freezer and scoop this filling on top of your crust. Spread it out nice and evenly until it covers your cake nicely, then place it back in the freezer for 2 hours.
- You can remove the cheesecake from the freezer and eat right away. Store it in the fridge for best results. I topped mine with a little bit of shredded coconut.
- Before you begin making your cake, you need to measure out 3 cups of cashews and leave them soaking in a bowl of water overnight. This makes them a nice soft texture which will later become the filling of your cake.
Mindfully Bliss http://mindfullybliss.com/