Thanksgiving meal number one: Cauliflower Curry.
Growing up, I never liked the word curry. I always associated it with something gross (I don’t know why), and to think of it now, I’ve only really tried it once. The traditional curry dish consists of meat and vegetables served with rice. So for Thanksgiving this year, I took my own spin on vegan curry and made it absolutely healthy and delicious.
This meal is super easy to make and only takes 15 minutes or so. It’s a great add on to your Thanksgiving dinner if you’re feeling like something healthy. For my dinner, I had a combination of the Cauliflower Curry as well as baked mac n cheese, mashed sweet potato, and chilli – it was delicious.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- a food processor
- tomato sauce
- black olives
- Wash your head of cauliflower and break it into small pieces. Place them into your food processor and pulse until you have a rice-like texture.
- Place your 'rice' into a pot, fill it up with water until it covers the rice, and then boil on medium-high for 5 minutes.
- Once your rice is done, drain it in the sink and pour it back into the pot.
- Cut up your vegetables (zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, and what ever else you want to put in.
- Pour in 1 cup of tomato sauce and stir it in well. Add in some spices, then add your vegetables in and stir until everything is mixed well.
- Serves up to four people.