Before I was vegan, one of my absolute favourite desserts was a Dairy Queen Brownie Batter Blizzard. I cannot even explain the excitement I would get to go and order this thing. And then they’d tip it upside before handing it to me. Oh my goodness, it was so delicious. So thick and creamy and chocolatey, with soft gooey pieces of brownie all stirred into the mix. MMMMM.
Okay I’m getting a bit carried away. My point is, Brownie Batter Blizzards were the bomb. Also a mouth full to say. BBB. One of my favourite hobbies is recreating my favourite non-vegan foods/desserts, and turning them into vegan friendly versions. Not only are they healthier, but even yummier!
So without further ado, I present to you, my very own.. Brownie Batter Blizzard!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 tsp. carob powder (or cocoa/cacao powder)
- 1 tsp. peanut butter
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 vegan brownies
- optional: chocolate sauce
- Prior to making your blizzard, you're going to want to freeze your bananas the night before. I always wait till mine are ripe and spotty, then I freeze a bunch so that they're ready when I need them.
- When you're ready to make your blizzard, place two frozen bananas in a high-speed blender.
- Add in 3/4 cup of almond milk (you can add more or less depending on how thick or runny you like it)
- Add in 1 tsp. of carob powder and 1 tsp. of peanut butter.
- Blend everything together until it's smooth, then stir in your brownie chunks. (You can find my homemade brownie recipe linked below)
- Drizzle on some chocolate sauce (1 tsp. almond milk, 1 tsp. maple syrup, 1 tsp. carob powder)
- And enjoy!