This right here folks is my classic oatmeal. Oatmeal is one of my favourite foods, and absolute favourite breakfasts. I think it’s important to start your day off with a big healthy breakfast because you have been sleeping for 8-10 hours and your body hasn’t had any food. You have been fasting, and you need to break that fast as soon as you wake up. Also, having a big breakfast gives you a great start to your day, boosting you with energy, and satisfying your body so it doesn’t feel starved and deprived.
Breakfast has been proven to boost metabolisms and helps people lose weight. It is unhealthy to skip breakfast in the morning. Even if you “don’t have enough time”, or claim to “not be hungry when you wake up” you should still eat. Whether it be oatmeal, or overnight oats because they are quicker, you can find a variety of healthy and filling breakfast foods that are perfect for you!
The reason I love oatmeal for breakfast is because it’s moist, warm deliciousness. The soft oats mixed with brown sugar is so delightful, and when I top it with nuts, fruit and peanut butter, it is just the most perfect combo.
I highly recommend that if you don’t already, that you start having oatmeal for breakfast. And not just the tiny little 1 minute packages, but 3/4 cup of whole grain oats, and top it with whatever you want! I promise you it will not disappoint, and you will love it!
- 3/4 cup gluten free oats2
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- peanut butter
- Get a small pot and pour 1 cup of water in it. Place on the stove and keep it on high until the water boils.
- Once the water is boiled, pour in 3/4 cup whole grain oats, and turn it down to medium.
- Continuously stir for a few minutes, then once the oats thicken up, add 1/4 cup or more of almond milk. Keep stirring, then add 2 tbsp. brown sugar.
- Once it reaches the texture you desire, turn off the stove, pour it into a bowl, and top it with fruit, nuts, peanut butter, or whatever else you want.
- You can use organic (gluten free) quick oats which can be made the quickest. Or you can use old fashioned rolled oats, or steel cut oats.