But what I don’t have is just a plain, basic, pancake recipe. Why get all complicated and confusing when you can strip right down to the simple stuff? This recipe is as easy as it gets; and it’s vegan and gluten free.
Bananas are awesome! And super healthy. You can read about the full health benefits of bananas here: http://www.well-beingsecrets.com/bananas-health-benefits/
- 2 cups of oat flour
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 large banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- optional(for extra flavour): 1 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. peanut butter
- Begin with pouring your oat flour into a large mixing bowl. (If you don't have oat flour, simply blend gluten free oats in a magic bullet or small blender, and voila, oat flour is made.
- Add in your dry ingredients: 2 tbsp. brown sugar, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon
- In a magic bullet or small blender, break up and add 1 large banana and 1 cup almond milk. Blend this together to create a banana mylk.
- Pour your banana mylk into the bowl containing your dry ingredients. Also add 3 tbsp. of maple syrup and 1 tsp. of peanut butter. (If desired)
- Mix everything together well and if the mix is dry, add a bit more almond milk until you reach a thinner consistency. You don't want the mix TOO thin though, but thick enough to make thick pancakes.
- Make sure your burner is on 300 degrees Fahrenheit and grease it with coconut oil.
- Pour small blobs of pancake mix onto your pan and flip them when they brown.
- This batch should make 10 small pancakes. Cut the yield in half to make 5.
- Top with fruit and pure/natural maple syrup.