As the weather gets cooler, I gravitate farther away from smoothies and more towards oatmeal. Smoothies and nana ice-cream will always come first in my heart, but some mornings I just can’t do it because I am freezing. So on those cold dreary mornings, sometimes life just calls for some Apple Pie Oatmeal.
It’s warm, delicious, and smells amazing. It will make your tummy happy and bring a smile to your face. It’s the perfect breakfast or lunch, depending on whenever you feel like making. I also love sprinkling extra cinnamon on top and even drizzling some melted peanut butter.
- 3/4 cup gluten free quick oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 Macintosh apple
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- dried cranberries/raisins
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- (optional) 1 tsp. peanut butter
- Fill a small pot with 1 cup of water, then place on the stove on high
- While that is heating up, wash 1 Macintosh apple and grade half of it into small shreds.
- Once the water boils, add in 1 cup of oats, and turn it down to medium.
- Continuously stir, then add in half the apple shreds.
- Add in 2 tbsp. coconut sugar, 1 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. maple syrup, and 1/4 cup almond milk.
- Turn it down to low and stir everything together well.
- Once it's done, pour it into a bowl and top with the other half of the apple cut up into cubes, as well as cinnamon and peanut butter.