Ever since I received my package from a Organic Burst a while back, I have been obsessed with Acai Berry Bowls. Basically these bowls are just frozen fruit with acai powder. Healthy, delicious, and super simple to make.
- 2-3 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 4 broken open capsules of acai powder / 2 tsp. of acai powder
- It's VERY important that in order to make this, you need to use frozen fruit. You will not get the same results if you use regular fruit. I cut up and freeze my fruit the night before so it can freeze over night, then the next day they are ready to use.
- Remove your fruit from the freezer and stick it in a high speed food processor. Add in your acai powder as well.
- Blend it until it reaches a thick and creamy texture. (this can take up to 5 minutes) Scrape the sides with a spoon and continue to blend.
Acai powder may be hard to find but I know you can get it at your local health food store, or you can order it online.
For these photos, I stuck mine back in the freezer after blending to firm up a bit, then waited ten minutes, then scooped them out like ice-cream.